Those who like to travel to the metropolises of this world will probably have experienced the advantages of one or the other city. With its diverse landscapes, marked by beautiful seas, lakes, rivers and mountains, Europe has a varied portfolio for every taste. Before you go on a trip around the world, you should have seen the 10 largest cities in Europe. The selection criteria for determining a travel destination are as varied as the travel destination itself. The location to the sea, the culture and the prevailing temperatures are mentioned as examples. Why shouldn’t you choose your travel destination based on the size of the population?
Moscow (~ 11.9 million)
The largest city in Europe marked by “Kremlin” and “Red Square” is located in Russia. The art and culture, known through the countless cathedrals or the Russian state ballet, are just a few of the sights. If you are traveling through Moscow, you should definitely use the metro to get to the city center. You can try out the rich food culture on the promenade of the fashion stores.
Istanbul (~ 8.8 million)
The wonderful city is located in Turkey and is partly on two continents, the European and the Asian. The “Bosphorus” and the numerous palaces and mosques should be on the list of sights.
London (~ 8.4 million)
London, an attractive city with a reputation for having more hours of rain than sunshine, is located on the River Thames in Great Britain. With its contrasts, this metropolis attracts countless people who are both cultural and progressive. The “London Eye”, the “Big Ben” and the “Dungeon” are just a few attractive sights.
Sankt Petersburg (~ 5.1 million)
A second city in Russia joins the list of the 10 largest cities in Europe. This metropolis also attaches great importance to its culture. Everyone knows the architectural excellence, characterized by the famous onion domes.
Berlin (~ 3.4 million)
The capital of Germany leaves nothing to be desired in terms of culture and fashion. Worth seeing in Berlin are both the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag, but also Alexander Platz, which is a welcome meeting point for many tourists, musicians and those interested in culture.
Madrid (~ 3.2 million)
Madrid, the capital of Spain, is the focal point when it comes to politics, culture and economy. Museums, theaters and palaces can be admired on a city tour through this beautiful city.
Kiev (~ 2.8 million)
This metropolis is also rich in contrasts. Culturally characterized by museums, theaters and churches and the St. Sophia Cathedral, nothing to be desired.
Roma (~ 2.8 million)
Or the “Eternal City” Rome is the capital of Italy and culturally exists through the legacies of the Roman Empire. Rome is not only known for its diverse sights, but also for its brilliant food culture, which has something for every taste.
Paris (~ 2.2 million)
The city of love, known for the Eiffel Tower, is located in Paris. This metropolis is also well worth seeing due to its culture in terms of museums, culinary delicacies and the extravagant world of fashion.
Minsk (~ 1.9 million)
This metropolis is one of the 10 largest cities in Europe and has its special features ready. It is the capital of Belarus and is heavily involved in education, with many universities located.
- Africa Travel Guide
- Asia Travel Guide
- Australia Individual Adventure Trip
- Bali Or Thailand Which Would You Choose
- Beijing Travel Guide
- Brief Information about Poland
- Burma River Cruise Upper Irrawaddy and Chindwin
- Caribbean Travel Guide
- Central Africa Travel Guide
- Central America Travel Guide
- Central Asia Travel Guide
- Denmark Literature
- Discovery Trip to Madagascar
- East Africa Travel Guide
- East Asia Travel Guide
- East Europe Travel Guide
- Emigration to Russia
- Estonia Major Cities
- Finland Travel Overview
- Georgian Literature
- Namibia Botswana Victoria Falls
- North Africa Travel Guide
- North America Travel Guide
- North Europe Travel Guide
- Oceania Travel Guide
- Oman Economy
- Practical Information about China
- Practical Information about Laos
- Practical Information about Vietnam
- Saudi Arabia Recent History
- Seychelles and Safari in Tanzania a Dream Trip
- Shongololo Express South Africa By Train
- South America Travel Guide
- South Asia Travel Guide
- Southeast Asia Travel Guide
- Southern Africa Travel Guide
- South Europe Travel Guide
- Top 10 Sights in Poland
- Trips to Indonesia
- Uganda On The Trail of The Mountain Gorillas
- West Africa Travel Guide
- West Asia Travel Guide
- West Europe Travel Guide
- Beach Holidays in Turkey August 15, 2022 - According to The Nail Mythology, Turkey is a state in the southwestern part of Asia. Common borders in the east - with Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran. In the south -… Read more
- Tours to the Netherlands August 8, 2022 - Major cities Amsterdam, The Hague, Deft, Rotterdam Language According to The Dress Wizard, the official language of the country is Dutch. English is known to literally the entire population of… Read more
- History of Ankara, Turkey August 1, 2022 - The oldest settlements in and around the city belong to the Hattian civilization, which flourished during the Bronze Age. Artifacts discovered in the city have shown that the Hittites named the… Read more
- Cities and Resorts in Portugal July 25, 2022 - Lisbon Lisbon - the "pearl" of Portuguese cities, enchants with its churches, castles, palaces, medieval streets and museums. According to Sports Qna, the Lisbon coastline stretches from the wide mouth… Read more
- What to See in Latakia (Syria) July 18, 2022 - According to Source Makeup, the main city of the Mediterranean coast of Syria and the main seaport of the country is Latakia . It was built during the Seleucid dynasty… Read more
- Cetinje (Montenegro) July 11, 2022 - According to Shoe Frantics, Cetinje lies on a small karst plain surrounded by limestone mountains. The name of the city was given by the small river Cetinje, which flows through… Read more
- Netherlands Antilles Economics and Population July 4, 2022 - Economics Economy Overview: Tourism, oil refining and offshore financial services are the main pillars of this small economy, which is closely linked to the outside world. According to RRR Jewelry,… Read more
- Kostomuksha, Republic of Karelia (Russia) June 27, 2022 - According to Plus Size Tips, Kostomuksha urban district is located on the border with Finland, about 500 km from Petrozavodsk. Just 30 km from Kostomuksha there is an international checkpoint… Read more
- Reuben Fleet Science Center, San Diego June 20, 2022 - Reuben Fleet Science Center (San Diego, USA) — expositions, opening hours, address, phone numbers, official website. The Reuben Fleet Science Center is located in Balboa Park and is the nation's… Read more
- Pacific Grove, California June 13, 2022 - Guide to Pacific Grove: how to get there and where to stay, what to see and where to go in the evening. The best things to do in Pacific Grove:… Read more