Those who like to travel to the metropolises of this world will probably have experienced the advantages of one or the other city. With its diverse landscapes, marked by beautiful seas, lakes, rivers and mountains, Europe has a varied portfolio for every taste. Before you go on a trip around the world, you should have seen the 10 largest cities in Europe. The selection criteria for determining a travel destination are as varied as the travel destination itself. The location to the sea, the culture and the prevailing temperatures are mentioned as examples. Why shouldn’t you choose your travel destination based on the size of the population?
Moscow (~ 11.9 million)
The largest city in Europe marked by “Kremlin” and “Red Square” is located in Russia. The art and culture, known through the countless cathedrals or the Russian state ballet, are just a few of the sights. If you are traveling through Moscow, you should definitely use the metro to get to the city center. You can try out the rich food culture on the promenade of the fashion stores.
Istanbul (~ 8.8 million)
The wonderful city is located in Turkey and is partly on two continents, the European and the Asian. The “Bosphorus” and the numerous palaces and mosques should be on the list of sights.
London (~ 8.4 million)
London, an attractive city with a reputation for having more hours of rain than sunshine, is located on the River Thames in Great Britain. With its contrasts, this metropolis attracts countless people who are both cultural and progressive. The “London Eye”, the “Big Ben” and the “Dungeon” are just a few attractive sights.
Sankt Petersburg (~ 5.1 million)
A second city in Russia joins the list of the 10 largest cities in Europe. This metropolis also attaches great importance to its culture. Everyone knows the architectural excellence, characterized by the famous onion domes.
Berlin (~ 3.4 million)
The capital of Germany leaves nothing to be desired in terms of culture and fashion. Worth seeing in Berlin are both the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag, but also Alexander Platz, which is a welcome meeting point for many tourists, musicians and those interested in culture.
Madrid (~ 3.2 million)
Madrid, the capital of Spain, is the focal point when it comes to politics, culture and economy. Museums, theaters and palaces can be admired on a city tour through this beautiful city.
Kiev (~ 2.8 million)
This metropolis is also rich in contrasts. Culturally characterized by museums, theaters and churches and the St. Sophia Cathedral, nothing to be desired.
Roma (~ 2.8 million)
Or the “Eternal City” Rome is the capital of Italy and culturally exists through the legacies of the Roman Empire. Rome is not only known for its diverse sights, but also for its brilliant food culture, which has something for every taste.
Paris (~ 2.2 million)
The city of love, known for the Eiffel Tower, is located in Paris. This metropolis is also well worth seeing due to its culture in terms of museums, culinary delicacies and the extravagant world of fashion.
Minsk (~ 1.9 million)
This metropolis is one of the 10 largest cities in Europe and has its special features ready. It is the capital of Belarus and is heavily involved in education, with many universities located.
- Africa Travel Guide
- Asia Travel Guide
- Australia Individual Adventure Trip
- Bali Or Thailand Which Would You Choose
- Beijing Travel Guide
- Brief Information about Poland
- Burma River Cruise Upper Irrawaddy and Chindwin
- Caribbean Travel Guide
- Central Africa Travel Guide
- Central America Travel Guide
- Central Asia Travel Guide
- Denmark Literature
- Discovery Trip to Madagascar
- East Africa Travel Guide
- East Asia Travel Guide
- East Europe Travel Guide
- Emigration to Russia
- Estonia Major Cities
- Finland Travel Overview
- Georgian Literature
- Namibia Botswana Victoria Falls
- North Africa Travel Guide
- North America Travel Guide
- North Europe Travel Guide
- Oceania Travel Guide
- Oman Economy
- Practical Information about China
- Practical Information about Laos
- Practical Information about Vietnam
- Saudi Arabia Recent History
- Seychelles and Safari in Tanzania a Dream Trip
- Shongololo Express South Africa By Train
- South America Travel Guide
- South Asia Travel Guide
- Southeast Asia Travel Guide
- Southern Africa Travel Guide
- South Europe Travel Guide
- Top 10 Sights in Poland
- Trips to Indonesia
- Uganda On The Trail of The Mountain Gorillas
- West Africa Travel Guide
- West Asia Travel Guide
- West Europe Travel Guide
- Travel to Cambodia February 13, 2023 - Cambodia, lost in the jungle, is bright and amazing: hundreds of palaces and temples of ancient Angkor, the original capital of the kingdom of Phnom Penh, mountain ranges, national parks… Read more
- Podbanske, Slovakia February 6, 2023 - Podbanske is a small ski resort that was once a miners' settlement. It is located on the border of the Western and High Tatras, 32 km from Stary Smokovec and… Read more
- Side, Turkey December 26, 2022 - According to Clothesbliss, Side is a popular seaside resort in the Turkish Mediterranean. It is located between the larger and no less favorite tourists Antalya and Alanya. The town is… Read more
- US 501 and 52 in North Carolina December 12, 2022 - US 501 in North Carolina US 501 Get started Laurinburg End Bethel Hill Length 152 mi Length 245 km Route South Carolina Laurinburg Southern Pines Carthage Sanford Pittsboro Chapel Hill… Read more
- Cairns, Australia December 5, 2022 - Guide to Cairns: how to get there and where to stay, what to see and where to go in the evening. The best things to do in Cairns: fresh reviews… Read more
- Entertainment and Attractions in Koh Samui, Thailand November 28, 2022 - Cuisine and restaurants of Koh Samui On Koh Samui, you can find food for every taste and budget - from expensive restaurants with European cuisine to tiny Thai cafes, where… Read more
- Mdina and Rabat, Malta November 21, 2022 - Mdina Once Mdina was the capital of Malta, today it is a unique city that has managed to preserve its medieval appearance. It was built on the very top of… Read more
- Sights of Moscow, Russia November 14, 2022 - According to IELTS Test Centers, Moscow is by far the largest and most important city in Russia. This metropolis has been the center of the communist eastern bloc for many… Read more
- Sights of Berlin, Germany November 7, 2022 - The German capital Berlin is in many ways a unique city. This is partly due to recent history, in which De Muur physically divided the city into two zones for… Read more
- Best time to visit Cologne, Germany September 27, 2022 - Do you want to know when is the best time to travel to Cologne? You can determine the best time to travel to a destination based on the weather and… Read more