Those who like to travel to the metropolises of this world will probably have experienced the advantages of one or the other city. With its diverse landscapes, marked by beautiful seas, lakes, rivers and mountains, Europe has a varied portfolio for every taste. Before you go on a trip around the world, you should have seen the 10 largest cities in Europe. The selection criteria for determining a travel destination are as varied as the travel destination itself. The location to the sea, the culture and the prevailing temperatures are mentioned as examples. Why shouldn’t you choose your travel destination based on the size of the population?
Moscow (~ 11.9 million)
The largest city in Europe marked by “Kremlin” and “Red Square” is located in Russia. The art and culture, known through the countless cathedrals or the Russian state ballet, are just a few of the sights. If you are traveling through Moscow, you should definitely use the metro to get to the city center. You can try out the rich food culture on the promenade of the fashion stores.
Istanbul (~ 8.8 million)
The wonderful city is located in Turkey and is partly on two continents, the European and the Asian. The “Bosphorus” and the numerous palaces and mosques should be on the list of sights.
London (~ 8.4 million)
London, an attractive city with a reputation for having more hours of rain than sunshine, is located on the River Thames in Great Britain. With its contrasts, this metropolis attracts countless people who are both cultural and progressive. The “London Eye”, the “Big Ben” and the “Dungeon” are just a few attractive sights.
Sankt Petersburg (~ 5.1 million)
A second city in Russia joins the list of the 10 largest cities in Europe. This metropolis also attaches great importance to its culture. Everyone knows the architectural excellence, characterized by the famous onion domes.
Berlin (~ 3.4 million)
The capital of Germany leaves nothing to be desired in terms of culture and fashion. Worth seeing in Berlin are both the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag, but also Alexander Platz, which is a welcome meeting point for many tourists, musicians and those interested in culture.
Madrid (~ 3.2 million)
Madrid, the capital of Spain, is the focal point when it comes to politics, culture and economy. Museums, theaters and palaces can be admired on a city tour through this beautiful city.
Kiev (~ 2.8 million)
This metropolis is also rich in contrasts. Culturally characterized by museums, theaters and churches and the St. Sophia Cathedral, nothing to be desired.
Roma (~ 2.8 million)
Or the “Eternal City” Rome is the capital of Italy and culturally exists through the legacies of the Roman Empire. Rome is not only known for its diverse sights, but also for its brilliant food culture, which has something for every taste.
Paris (~ 2.2 million)
The city of love, known for the Eiffel Tower, is located in Paris. This metropolis is also well worth seeing due to its culture in terms of museums, culinary delicacies and the extravagant world of fashion.
Minsk (~ 1.9 million)
This metropolis is one of the 10 largest cities in Europe and has its special features ready. It is the capital of Belarus and is heavily involved in education, with many universities located.
- Africa Travel Guide
- Asia Travel Guide
- Australia Individual Adventure Trip
- Bali Or Thailand Which Would You Choose
- Beijing Travel Guide
- Brief Information about Poland
- Burma River Cruise Upper Irrawaddy and Chindwin
- Caribbean Travel Guide
- Central Africa Travel Guide
- Central America Travel Guide
- Central Asia Travel Guide
- Denmark Literature
- Discovery Trip to Madagascar
- East Africa Travel Guide
- East Asia Travel Guide
- East Europe Travel Guide
- Emigration to Russia
- Estonia Major Cities
- Finland Travel Overview
- Georgian Literature
- Namibia Botswana Victoria Falls
- North Africa Travel Guide
- North America Travel Guide
- North Europe Travel Guide
- Oceania Travel Guide
- Oman Economy
- Practical Information about China
- Practical Information about Laos
- Practical Information about Vietnam
- Saudi Arabia Recent History
- Seychelles and Safari in Tanzania a Dream Trip
- Shongololo Express South Africa By Train
- South America Travel Guide
- South Asia Travel Guide
- Southeast Asia Travel Guide
- Southern Africa Travel Guide
- South Europe Travel Guide
- Top 10 Sights in Poland
- Trips to Indonesia
- Uganda On The Trail of The Mountain Gorillas
- West Africa Travel Guide
- West Asia Travel Guide
- West Europe Travel Guide
- Hartington, Nebraska September 18, 2023 - According to definitionexplorer, Hartington, Nebraska, located in the northeastern part of the state, is a charming small town with a unique geography that contributes to its beauty and character. Situated… Read more
- Harrison, Nebraska September 11, 2023 - According to etaizhou, Harrison, Nebraska is a small town located in the northwestern part of the state, in Sioux County. Situated near the Wyoming border, Harrison is nestled amidst the… Read more
- Harrisburg, Nebraska September 4, 2023 - According to aviationopedia, Harrisburg, Nebraska is a small town located in the southwestern part of the state. Situated in Banner County, it is known for its picturesque landscapes, rich agricultural… Read more
- Greeley, Nebraska August 28, 2023 - According to usvsukenglish, Greeley, Nebraska is a small town located in Greeley County in the central part of the state. Situated in the Great Plains region, the town is surrounded… Read more
- Gothenburg, Nebraska August 21, 2023 - According to theinternetfaqs, Gothenburg, Nebraska is a charming town located in the central part of the state. Situated in Dawson County, Gothenburg is known for its rich history, friendly community,… Read more
- Gering, Nebraska August 14, 2023 - According to eshaoxing, Gering, Nebraska is a small city located in Scotts Bluff County in the western part of the state. Situated in the High Plains region, Gering is nestled… Read more
- Genoa, Nebraska August 7, 2023 - According to sciencedict, Genoa, Nebraska is a small town located in eastern Nebraska, United States. Situated in Nance County, Genoa is characterized by its picturesque countryside and charming rural atmosphere.… Read more
- Rye, New Hampshire July 31, 2023 - According to psyknowhow, Rye, New Hampshire is a picturesque town located along the Atlantic coast in Rockingham County. With its stunning coastline, rolling hills, and vibrant natural beauty, Rye offers… Read more
- Garland, Nebraska July 24, 2023 - According to photionary, Garland, Nebraska is a small town located in Seward County in the southeastern part of the state. Situated in the Great Plains region, Garland is characterized by… Read more
- Dwight, Nebraska July 17, 2023 - According to watchtutorials.org, Dwight, Nebraska is located in the southeastern corner of the state, just miles from the border of Iowa. The town sits on rolling hills and plains that… Read more